Thursday, June 27, 2019

Why do people who love driving fancy cars (Mercedes-Benzes, BMWs, Porsches, etc.), end up getting cheap cars later?


Nancy Rhyme-Snelson
Nancy Rhyme-Snelson, worked at Self-Employment

Being a real estate broker in Southern California for most of my adult life, I always drove high-end cars. Started out with Cadillacs, and graduated to Mercedes Benz. When I no longer sold real estate and didn’t need a big vehicle, I purchased a Mercedes convertible and drove it for three years.
About 20 months ago I sold it and purchased a very “unsexy” Subaru Forester Touring SUV. Why? Because I’m 68 years old and choose to be more practical.
So far my expense for this vehicle has been zero, other than gas and one air filter, and I’ve put a lot of miles on it with my road trips to Canada. Subaru has even paid for my oil changes and routine maintenance. I’ve had no problems whatsoever. I am able to transport larger items and even help friends out. (Comes in handy for those big items at Costco, which I purchase way too much!)
At this point in my life I’m no longer concerned with prestige. Been there, done that. Older and wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment