Saturday, September 19, 2020

What are the lessons your corporate life teaches you?

From your Digest

Being nice doesn't get you anywhere.

My entire corporate life, where I took charge, basically being a “constructive” asshole, has allowed for swift and quick progression in my career.

I was swearing, didn't care much for feelings, just result. A my way or the highway kind of thing. Not that my approach was individualism, hell no, I am all for team work. I just have issues with internal policies. Rules. Corporate etiquette. You are thrown in to a day to day job, and are told, “this is how we do it here”. Right.. Don't care.

And when you are told, “you are supposed to do it like this”. Right, that was your way, not my way. I would go against the current layer of senior management. And by being different, I had many of the juniors following in my footsteps. They loved a bit of fresh air. It motivated them like no tomorrow. I never understood the rigid working rules in a corporate office. Come in before 9, leave after 5, tell me when you take a break. Whatever. I told my team that I didn't care if I didn't see em' for a week. Do what you need to do. No margin for error and on time. You have questions? Ask me or a team mate, but don't wait with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment